Embrace new cultures; meet new people; and gain independence, confidence, and global awareness all before you start college by studying abroad with JUMPSTART: Scotland.
Complete Scotland-themed courses, rich with integrated excursions, while residing in a living-learning community at Heriot-Watt University in Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh.
June 23 - July 19, 2024
Choose courses, taught by friendly, seasoned UW-Stout faculty, from one of the following two cohorts. Both cohorts offer a total of six credits.
GRAFFITI AND DESIGN COHORT
- ARTH-245: Graffiti and Street Art
- DES-220: Introduction to 2D Digital Imaging
Completes three Arts & Humanities Stout Core credits and both courses count toward the pre-BFA program.
SOUND AND VISION COHORT
- MUSIC-132: Music in Our World
- PHOTO-110: Mobile Device Photography: Visual Literacy and Image Narrative
Completes all six of the Arts & Humanities Stout Core credits and three Global Perspective credits.
- Reside in a Scottish university located in Edinburgh while enjoying classes and coordinated social activities.
- Participate in excursions in and around Edinburgh, your “lab” for learning.
- Take a trip to the famous Highlands to experience the Isle of Skye, Loch Ness, and multiple Harry Potter filming locations
- Receive mentorship from our dedicated UW-Stout faculty leaders that will help you prepare for the college experience.
Reside in a Living-Learning Community
We encourage you to submerge yourself in a new culture and push beyond your comfort zone to experience what Scotland has to offer. By doing so, you'll develop a better understanding for others and an appreciation for the world we live in. Join us in summer 2024 where you will get to know your classmates and faculty while you live, learn, and work in a fun and collaborative community.