The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private-sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to demonstrate their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
The WRP is an excellent way for students and recent graduates with disabilities in all fields of study to:
- Market their abilities to a wide variety of potential employers across the United States
- Sharpen their interviewing skills during a required phone interview with a WRP recruiter
- Gain valuable skills, experience, and contacts on the job
- Prove that people with disabilities can be excellent employees
Visit WRP.gov and Click “Students Register Now!” to get started.
Important WRP Dates:
- Registration opens: August 21
- Student registration closes: October 12
- Student must submit a WRP application and upload their resume and transcript by October 12.
- Cover letters, writing samples, and letters of recommendation are optional.
- Interview period: October 23 –November 15
- Database of eligible students released to employers: Mid-December