Dr. Saleh Alnaeli
- Empirical Software Engineering
- Source Code Vulnerabilities and Security
- Software Parallelization and Multicore Programming
- Software Evolution, Static Analysis, and Transformation
- Mining Software Repositories
- Internet of Things
- Undergraduate Multidisciplinary Research
Dr. Anne Antonippillai
- Algebraic theory of semigroups and its related fields.
- Mathematical, deductive reasoning, and logic in teaching mathematics.
Dr. Christopher Bendel
- Abstract algebra, specifically
- Modular representation theory and cohomology of algebraic groups, Lie algebras, finite groups, and related structures.
- Using computers in mathematical research.
- Involving undergraduate students in research, particularly through the use of computation.
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning as it applies to improving student learning in mathematics courses.
Dr. Katherine Benson
- Graph Theory
- Labeling problems, mostly radiolabeling
- Zero forcing
- Power Domination
Dr. Seth Berrier
- Applied Graphics and Visualization for Art and Design Material appearance capture via photogrammetry and light field capture
- Computational Photography
- Image-based lighting and environment capture
- Shape & material synthesis from existing examples
- Real-time rendering and high-level shading languages
- Procedural content generation
- Music analysis for visualization
Dr. Alexi Brooks
- Computer science education
- Applied machine learning and natural language processing
- Human learning in social media
- Mechanism design
- Graph algorithms
Dr. Kevin Matthe Caramancion
- Fake News
- Information Warfare
- Cyber Deception
- Technology Policy
Dr. Steven Deckelman
- Complex analysis in one and several variables.
- Mathematical biology including Bioinformatics and computational neuroscience.
- Undergraduate research.
Dr. Seth Dutter
Dr. Ahmed El-Magrous
- Internet of Things
- Wireless Sensor Network
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language processing
- Mobile App Development (iOS/Android)
Dr. Xue (Shirley) Gong
- Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems
- Applications to Biological Systems
- Applications to Tensor Approximations
- Heteroclinic Networks
Dr. Eugen (Andrei) Ghenciu
- Symbolic dynamics
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory
- Fractal geometry
- Iterated function systems and dimension spectrum theory
- Analytic theory of continued fractions
- Risk analysis for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Dr. Petre (Nelu) Ghenciu
- Graph theory and combinatorics with an emphasis in Hamiltonian and pancyclic graphs.
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Dr. Ayub Hossain
- Statistics, especially in the area of multivariate statistical analysis and applied probability.
Dr. Amitava Karmaker
- Discovering functional elements in the genome to construct a regulatory network.
- Analyzing chromosomal abnormality to detect DNA copy number aberrations.
- Data mining and preprocessing of biological data.
- Heterogeneous data integration.
- Developing machine learning-based algorithms for data modeling.
- Statistical analysis and pattern recognition from gathered data.
Dr. Terrence Mason
- Application development for portable devices including Android and iOS.
- Improving the usability of databases through query language development.
- Improving the teaching of computer science through established pedagogy.
Dr. Chris Mooney
- Commutative algebra
- Graph labeling
- Multiplicative ideal theory
- Non-unique factorization
- Rings with zero-divisors
- Undergraduate research
- Zero and irreducible divisor graphs
Dr. Afroza Polin
- High dimensional data
- Multiple testing
- Survival analysis
- Longitudinal data analysis
Dr. Welington Santos
- Applications of algebraic coding theory to data storage and security, especially
- Algebraic geometric codes
- Non-Hamming metric codes (Poset metric codes, RT-metric codes, Rank metric codes)
- Duality theory
- Fractional decoding (Decoding from partial information)
- Secure distributed matrix multiplication
Dr. Laura Schmidt
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning:
- Interests include dealing with mathematics anxiety, students' motivation, students' self-efficacy, and improving the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Discrete mathematics, specifically polytopes:
- Interests involve simplicial polyhedral balls (duals to simple unbounded polyhedral) and shellings.
Dr. Tyler Skorczewski
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Fluid-structure interaction problems in biology
- Blood clotting
- Fish suction feeding
- Mathematical modeling
- Mathematical biology/physiology
- Sports analytics
Dr. Abraham Smith
- Differential geometry:
- Geometric methods for solving differential equations (exterior differential systems)
- Local and global geometric structures
- Symmetries and invariants
- Computation in mathematics:
- Manifold learning and pattern recognition
- Geometric and topological analysis of "big data"
- Translating abstract theorems to practical algorithms
Dr. Michael Tetzlaff
- Interactive, photo-realistic computer graphics
- Image-based rendering and relighting of real-world 3D objects from photographs
- Application of computer graphics for the creation, preservation, and restoration of art and other artifacts of cultural heritage.
Dr. Tyler Thomas
- Information security
- Application Security
- Penetration Testing
- Network Security
- Usable Security
- Software engineering
- Human-computer interfaces
Dr. Scott Turner
- Computer Science Education
- Applying educational theory to the CS classroom and the development of education tools
- Human-Computer Interaction
Dr. Keith Wojciechowski
- Numerical methods for solving time-dependent partial differential and partial integrodifferential equations
- Analysis of nonlinear partial differential equations
- Mathematical modeling of porous media
- Constitutive modeling of swelling porous and viscoelastic materials
- Pseudospectral methods
- Numerical analysis