Summer Housing FAQs

Enriching your summer.
In this Section

80 % of students are satisfied with their ability to sleep in their room at night.

Where do summer students live?

All students will be assigned to Fleming-Hovlid Hall in a single room.

What should I bring with me?

While your room will be furnished, consider this list of additional items you may want to bring with you: extra-long bedding, an alarm clock, a TV (with cable cord), an ethernet cord (if you want to use a wired connection), and kitchen equipment.

Will I have air conditioning?

Air conditioner units are not provided. However, students are able to supply their own at no additional cost.  All units must meet the Air Conditioner specifications outlined in the Residence Hall Handbook and in the summer application.

Will I have a roommate?

Nope!  Single rooms are provided to all students living in on-campus over the summer.  Please note that you will share common areas such as restrooms and kitchens.

When will I know my room assignment?

You will be notified of your room assignment via email approximately two weeks prior to your reservation date. We utilize this timeline to maximize space within the hall throughout the summer. If your reservation start date is the week of Wednesday, May 8 you may not receive your room assignment until late in the day. This allows current residents to move out of the space and for the room to be cleaned. As soon as a room is available for you to move in, we will notify you. All room assignments will be emailed to your UW-Stout email account.

How do I change or cancel my reservation?

To change or cancel your reservation, simply log-in to the Housing Gateway and select "Change Summer Housing Dates." Follow the prompts on the following screens to complete your request. Please note for EVERY CHANGE in reservation there is a $30 processing fee.

What if I need assistance?

If you are ever in need of help, we have full support services to accommodate your needs.  During regular business hours, you may contact University Housing at 715-232-1121.  If you have a concern with your physical space or amenities, you can submit a work order through the Housing Gateway.

We also have the resources below.  For emergency situations call 911.

University Police Phone Number: 715-232-2222

Hall Staff: 715-232-3333

Where can I eat and what is there to do here?

The Memorial Student Center will be open during the summer with a limited summer menu and hours. However, there are several dining options in downtown Menomonie within walking distance of campus. For more information on dining or entertainment options in Menomonie, please check out the Menomonie Chamber of Commerce website, below.


Where can I park?

For more information about campus building locations and parking, please follow the links below: