Welcome to UW-Stout!
Thank you for submitting an application to UW-Stout. We are so excited for you to start your journey with us. To get started, activate your UW-Stout email. Students must use their UW-Stout email for all campus communication. Online course instruction, tuition billing information and other campus messages will be available only through this email account.
Activate Your UW-Stout Email Account
- Visit the activation page or reset your password if you've already activated but forgot your login information.
- Enter your 7-digit Campus ID number and your date of birth (Your Campus ID can be found in the confirmation email sent to you the day after you submitted your application).
- Please read the agreement. Select I agree to proceed with activation.
- Create your security questions. (Answers are not case sensitive.)
- Provide an alternate email address in case you need to reset your password in the future. We recommend a personal email, not a school address.
- Create your password.
- Please wait and do not close your browser while the system processes your activation. It may take up to one minute.
- Once your account activation is verified, your username and email address will display. You should write them down so that you remember for future logins. Your email address will be formatted firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Help? Contact the Technology Help Desk or view Knowledge Base article Activate New Account
Activate Your UW-Stout Email
Log In To Your UW-Stout Email
- Log in to your UW-Stout email account (You can also click on the logins link in the top right corner of the UW-Stout Homepage).
- Enter your UW-Stout email address and password. Remember, your email address is formatted email@example.com
Pro Tip: Add the Outlook mobile app to your phone or mobile device for easy access to your inbox! Find out how.
Need Help? Contact the Technology Help Desk or view Knowledge Base article How to Access UW-Stout Email
Login to UW-Stout Email
Check Your Application Status
- To check your application status, you will need to log in to Access Stout (You can also click on the logins link in the top right corner of the UW-Stout Homepage). Access Stout is an online program that allows students to access their student record. Using this service, you can search and register for classes, view your class schedule, check for holds and to do items, view your required textbooks, access your final semester grades, etc.
- Enter your username and password. (Your username is the first part of your email address before the @ symbol).
- After logging in to Access Stout, select Self Service.
- Click on Admissions > Application Status near the bottom of the screen.
- On this page you'll see a row of application-related information including your entry term, program, plan, and application date.
- Below that you'll find any outstanding checklist items that are needed to complete your application. These are very important! If you are concerned about any items that need to be resolved, please email or call us and we'll help you get everything sorted out.
Need Help? Contact the Technology Help Desk or view Knowledge Base article Cannot log into Campus System
There's no need to keep checking back here to find out if you've been officially accepted to UW-Stout. We'll send you a formal letter and an email, so keep your eyes out for this exciting news!
Login to Access Stout