Our 6-week blended and online teaching & training (BOTT) course includes:
- Examining methods to engage learners online and facilitate student ownership of learning.
- Analyzing theories to engage students in critical thinking.
- Incorporating digital tools and best practices to facilitate synchronous online learning.
- Incorporating digital tools and best practices to facilitate asynchronous online learning.
- Facilitating collaborative learning experiences in digital learning environments.
Whether you are in health care, education, business, or a trainer in any other industry, this online course will help you use a variety of digital technologies to facilitate learning.
Register now to reserve a spot. There is no registration fee to reserve a class. No transcripts are required.
EDUC 761 Using Digital Tools to Facilitate Learning (2 Credits)
Summer: May 6 - June 14, 2024
Fall: September 9 - October 18, 2024
Tuition: $476 per semester hour graduate credit ($952 for a two-credit course-23-24 tuition fees)
Summer Tuition Due: July 17, 2024
Use technology to facilitate learning, foster interaction, promote collaboration, and challenge students to use critical thinking skills in blended and online learning environments.
This course will examine the latest trends in educational technology and prepare educators to use digital tools to create an engaging, supportive, and challenging learning environment for all students. Learners will gain hands-on experience with learning management systems, digital collaboration and communication tools, and artificial intelligence (AI). The emphasis is on what you can use right now in your teaching or training.
NOTE: This is one of the required courses for individuals pursuing the Blended and Online Teaching and Training Certificate (BOTT) and is also open as an individual course to students seeking professional development.
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development.
2 semester hours of graduate credit
Instructor: Maggie Rouman
We invite you to enroll in our BOTT courses to meet your professional development goals if you seek a career change, graduate credits, or just a refresher course.
This course is an approved elective in the Master of Science in Education online degree program.
Who Should Enroll:
- K-12 instructors
- Higher education faculty & staff
- Training professionals
- Instructional designers
- Technology integration specialists
- E-learning developers
- Continuing education professionals